1. Leave your plastic wrap on the tattoo for the first 18-24 hrs. (you may remove the
original plastic if the tattoo is oozing a lot, then wash with warm water and soap,
re-apply ointment and re-wrap.) Leave wrapping on for the first night.
2. The Next morning remove the plastic and wash tattoo thoroughly with warm
water and a mild soap (perfumed soaps will burn). You can expect the plastic wrap
to be filled with plasma and possibly some blood...dont worry, this is normal and a
good thing. *If your tattoo is still oozing clear-ish liquid, you may continue to
re-wrap it and keep it wrapped, until it has stopped oozing.
3. After washing, let your tattoo air-dry for 10-15 minutes.
4. Apply a VERY THIN layer of ointment to the tattoo ( Aquaphor, Vaseline, or
A&D ointment are recommended, do not use an Anti-bacterial ointment like
Neosporin. Using clean hands, work vaseline/ointment into the tattoo as you would
work lotion into the skin.
5. Blot off excess ointment with a clean paper towel. If your tattoo is very shiny or
wet looking, then there is too much ointment and you should wipe that excess away.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 twice daily (morning and night) for 4-8 days
7. When the tattoo starts to peel or flake (approximately 4-8 days after application of
tattoo) switch to a mild lotion such as Lubriderm Sensitive Skin or similar.
If you have any questions please call us at the shop (512) 474.1975